Friday, March 20, 2020

Corona week one

Finding time to blog has been difficult lately, but not now. All school sin the state have closed due to this terrible pandemic Coronavirus. Now I have plenty of time to do all the things that I have wanted to do around the house. I have my husband and daughter home with me since they both work in education and their schools are closed as well. The only member missing from this family is my son, Bryan, who is currently at Fort Sill in Oklahoma at field artillery officer training school until June 23rd. Hopefully the base is not letting anyone in so that they all remain healthy.
Today ends the first week of what is being called social distancing and it hasn't been too bad. I just wish the weather was better. Too many rainy days. I want to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. 
So far I have done the following activities;
  • Put away all my St Patrick's Day decorations
  • Planted my vegetables for the garden
  • got a greenhouse put together for the back yard (need a place for the veggies)
  • supervised my husband and daughter as they built a new focal area in the back yard for garden and water feature
  • Emailed all my students to let them know I was thinking of them
  • Did some school curriculum work
Tomorrow I hope to get all the Easter decorations out of the attic and decorate the house. 
As long as we are away from school I believe I will post on this blog everyday with what I am doing with my time. I hope others will comment on this blog to share what they are doing during our "coronacation"

This is the new focal area in the back yard. We needed something since the former focal area (in ground pool) is no longer there.


Until my next post......stay healthy



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Drove by today, saw Jen and Larry busy gardening in the front yard! Miss you, friend! -Rachel