Thursday, April 16, 2020

Too much sadness

It is 8am on a Thursday morning as I start to write this post for my blog. This has been a hard week for me as I have had multiple break downs. So many things making me sad this week.

To start, In the past 2 weeks my family has had to deal with several family and friends passing away. Seven to be exact. Only one from the corona-virus and one was much too young. I don't like having to keep my distance and not being able to hug family or say goodbye to the friends we lost. Even as I type this I am crying again.

This remote learning sucks. Sorry but no other word comes to mind. I hate not being able to be with my kids. The zoom meetings just aren't enough for me. I miss being in front of the class and teaching them. I miss their laughter. I miss being in my office and having students just pop in and say hello as they are on their way to some other place in the school building. I miss getting and giving them hugs.

I want to be able to see my son in person. He is at Fort Sill in Oklahoma for officer training school for the army. His program has been suspended for 3 weeks due to this virus. He was due to come home June 23rd but now that may be July. Maybe longer is that base extends the program shut down.

I believe the worst thing I can do is read all the articles about this virus because that depresses me even more but I just need to know what is going on and what experts think will happen in the future. I have read reports that we may have to practice social distancing for another year. and have to wear face masks whenever we leave our house also for a year or more. I just want to get back to normal, don't we all? but so many articles I read say that we are going to have a new normal with some form of distancing.

I do have some positive things to report. My family had #TuesdayTrivia night. We had a family zoom and played trivia using kahoot. That was a lot of laughs. We plan to continue this each week.
On Easter Sunday we had a zoom meeting and I got to see my son for the first time in a few weeks. That put a smile on my face. Huge thank you to the people at zoom.com.

I will end this post with one positive thing I have gotten from the dozens of articles I have read in the past 24 hours. This is a graph showing that the US has reached the peak of this virus. This graphic is from the NY times



No comments: