Saturday, April 11, 2020

Remote learning week one done

I survived my first week of remote teaching. Hopefully my students did well with their first week of remote learning. I had them fill out a survey and I had many students ask for more video lessons. So I spent the second half of this week making videos to teach the kids about solving trig equations. I guess its the next best thing to being there. Miss them so much and this teaching online is so much work. I am at my computer from 8am until 4-5 pm and then back at the computer around 8 pm to check work because my teenagers like to sleep in and do the school work late afternoon/early evening.

I know the governor's order has us back in school on May 4th but I don't think that is going to happen. I really hope I am wrong about this but I don't think we will be back in school in May. Let me say this again, I really hope I am wrong about that!

Today we had some nice weather so I got the chance to get outside. Didn't really do anything except water my veggies that are growing in the green house. I am now referring to the greenhouse as my "she shed"
My husband and daughter made some birdhouses. I think they came out great. The birds will be happy. We certainly get a lot of birds in our back yard.


The only other thing happening today was the Easter Bunny riding around town on a motorcycle. Went by my place around noon time.


Tomorrow is Easter Sunday. Just won't be the same without the extended family here to celebrate with. Instead we will be having a zoom meeting so we can all see each other. I am very excited to see my son who is on base in Oklahoma. Haven't seen him since the end of January.

I hope everyone finds a way to celebrate Easter and stay healthy.









No comments: