Friday, February 16, 2024

Baseball Time

 I love all sports but baseball is my favorite. Win or Lose, I am a faithful Red Sox fan so February is a great month because it is the start of a new season. last year was terrible so there is no place to go but up for my Red Sox. I was sad to see Dugie get traded but with his issues last year (getting benched two games) the trade wasn't a big surprise. My hopes for this year in addition to winning the world series are: 

  • Bobby Dalbec gets a place on the team and doesn't spend all his time on the Woo Sox again
  • Jarren Duran has even more stolen bases than last year and that he continues to turn singles into doubles with his speed on the bases
  • Cora figures out that Devers sucks at Third base! He made so many mistakes there last year. I say make him the DH instead. 
  • Trevor Story has a great healthy year. I have high hopes for this guy.
  • Lastly, I hope the pitching goes as well as I think it can. We have a lot of capable guys.
I want to thank NESN for broadcasting the Fort Myers report every night. Maybe one year I will travel to Florida in February and experience spring training in person instead of on television.

Very excited for the start of the season on March 28th when the Red Sox play the Mariners in Seattle. That will be a late game with a 10 pm start time but I will be watching.

 



No comments: