Monday, January 16, 2012

Busy weekend

What a great weekend I had and I have my Norton kids to thank.
Saturday I spent the day at the Reggie Lewis Center for a winter track meet. This was the first track meet I have gone to and I had a great time. There was so much to watch. Makes me wish I had gone to more track meets this year. Norton took third place overall. I want to congratulate everyone that participated.
Then Sunday afternoon, my daughter and I went to see "The Wizard of Oz" put on by the NHS drama club. We both thoroughly enjoyed the show. There are some very talented students at Norton High School. Shortly after the play I headed to the Foxboro Y to help out with the Amazing Race. I hope all the students participating had as much fun as I did. Congratulations to Tyler D and Joe D for taking home first place.
Thank goodness this is a 3-day weekend. I have all day today to relax and do a little school work.

11 comments:

Joe said...

I am glad you had a good weekend! I am also very happy you came tothe show it meant a lot. Also, people keep making up these bogous stories of snow coming and i know they are lieing, its sad to say but i have lost hope in a snow covered Norton :[

Hannah Lavendier said...

I agree that this weekend was wonderful! I was definitely impressed with "The Wizard of Oz"; I didn't know Norton had so much talent! The Amazing Race was a success, too. I'm glad we were finally able to bring the three towns together for an event- now, the challenge is to make it happen again. Thanks for coming to these events and showing your support! :)

Jill O'Connor said...

I completely disagree with you, Joe! Norton will most definitely be snow covered at some point this winter! I have not yet lost hope in Mother Nature, and I know she will be kind to us!

Colby Sears said...

Hi Mrs. Taylor! My weekend was very relaxing also! I definitely enjoyed "The Wizard of Oz" and was pleasantly suprised by how much effort and talent were put into it!

Jill O'Connor said...

Mrs. Taylor, did you hear about all of the high hurdle controversy at Reggie Lewis this weekend?! Apparently, the shuttle relay team has to go back again next weekend to earn their record! Your weekend sounds like an action-packed blast!!

Anonymous said...

I went to the play as well but on Saturday night with my little brother. We both liked it a lot. I have never been to a track meet before but I've seen them going on during spring track next to the softball field. I was also planning on going to the Amazing Race but I forgot to get back to Mr. Dewar so I couldn't go but if it happens again I will definitely go to that!
-Allie Zelinski

Anonymous said...

The wizard of oz was absolutely amazing! And ya the hurdlers are going to the division one championships to reclaim their state record!
~Anthony Kennedy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy weekend! I really enjoyed the play too, everyone did so great! I liked how it had some unique scenes in it.
Hope you enjoy this pre-midterm weekend. It snowed just for you!
-Matt Litchfield

Anonymous said...

Ugh Matt don't talk about midterms!
~Anthony Kennedy

Jill O'Connor said...

I loved the Wizard of Oz last year-such a lively and enthusiastic cast. What do you think they'll do this year?

Anonymous said...

I have heard that this year's musical might be Annie. Don't quote me on that though!